I completed a partial internal re-paint to the ground floor of this home in Altona Meadows, VIC 3028. This was an existing home that was last painted when built about 20 years ago.
Scope of work
The scope of work required the painting of all the ceilings, walls, windows, doors, architraves, skirting and stairs throughout the ground floor of the house.
All surfaces as they were already painted just required two coats of top coat paint, although there was some plaster and timber repair that required undercoats/ primers.
The preparation involved;
- Filling all nail holes and plaster dents
- Caulking all gaps along skirting and architraves
- A light sand of all woodwork including the stairs
- Undercoating all repaired plaster and timber surfaces
- Removal of paint to door sill to Garage, so as to expose the natural grain
- The carpet was removed by the owners as to allow for easier access to the staircase
The ceilings were painted in a flat acrylic and the walls were painted in a wash and wear 101 low sheen acrylic.
All the woodwork including the stairs were painted in a gloss enamel paint.